27th Sunday in Ordinary Time
The Father sends His Son into the vineyard, into our midst, in every Eucharistic Sacrifice. How do we receive Him? Will our young people believe us when we tell them "It is the Lord"...
- if we are not dressed in holy attire?
- if we have not fasted?
- if we arrive late and distracted to church?
- if we do not leave our cell phones at home or turn them off?
- if our prayer is not offered with love in the heart and attentive thought?
- if we receive the Eucharist in a state of serious sin?
Should they believe the words we speak? Or should they rather believe their eyes which see the Son is, in many places, not respected, loved and adored as is His due as our Lord and God?
Are we workers in the vineyard who accept the Son with love and reverence as coming from the Father? Restore the sacred!
Meeting Christ in the Liturgy offers a reflection for the Twenty-seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time.
(Art: The Parable of the Vineyard by Marten Van Valckenborch.)