Thursday, May 16, 2013

" ... you must also bear witness ... "

Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed saying:
“I pray not only for these,
but also for those who will believe in me through their word"
-- Jn 17:20-26 

"We know that in everything God works for good for those who love him." The constant witness of the saints
confirms this truth: 

"St. Catherine of Siena said to 'those who are scandalized and rebel against what happens to them': "Everything comes from love, all is ordained for the salvation of man, God does nothing without this goal in mind." 
"St. Thomas More, shortly before his martyrdom, consoled his daughter: 'Nothing can come but that that God wills. And I make me very sure that whatsoever that be, seem it never so bad in sight, it shall indeed be the best.'
"Dame Julian of Norwich: 'Here I was taught by the grace of God that I should steadfastly keep me in the faith... and that at the same time I should take my stand on and earnestly believe in what our Lord shewed in this time - that 'all manner [of] thing shall be well.' "

-CCC 313



No comments: