Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Provide me only with the food I need"

Every word of God is tested;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Add nothing to his words,
lest he reprove you, and you will be exposed as a deceiver.

Two things I ask of you,
deny them not to me before I die:

Put falsehood and lying far from me,
give me neither poverty nor riches;
provide me only with the food I need;

Lest, being full, I deny you,
saying, “Who is the LORD?”

Or, being in want, I steal,
and profane the name of my God.
-- Prv 30:5-9

(Photo by author: Radiant flora blossom forth their final days in the reflected glory of the waning warmth of September sunlight while fauna benefit, busy bees working quickly to store up food for the winter. Blessed Fall to all our readers.)

1 comment:

zeytin said...

Great thoughts for the beginning of a new season.
SZ